Monday, August 31, 2009

Mmm, Brownies!

This evening I decided to make my Bob's Red Mill Brownie mix. I brought up some cookware in order to survive the semester, but I also had to purchase some more, as well as some basic food ingredients. Thank goodness for Target's low prices!

The mix was pretty easy to put together, with only a handful of ingredients that needed to be added in. The mix was a little bit different in consistency than what I am used to, in that it stuck together kind of like an amoeba. It wasn't too thick, like from a lack of water ingredients, it's just very viscous. The mix says to cook at 350 F for 20-25 minutes in a 9" x 13" pan. When I checked at 22 minutes, it was still pretty uncooked. At 25 minutes, it definitely needed more time. I added eight minutes approximately to the total cooking time, so I cooked my mix for about 33 minutes. I'm not sure whether the oven I was using was staying consistent at 350 F, since it is just the oven in the community kitchen of my dorm building.

After I let the brownies cool off, I cut some for myself and a few friends. No one could tell that they were different in any way from normal brownies! The mixture makes quite a lot. I know with normal brownies, if I used a 9" x 13" pan, the brownies would not be very tall. However, these brownies were pretty tall and thick! And they are not made with any bean flour, so they are very, very delicious!! I highly recommend this mixture.

Until next time,
Gluten, Not Glutton

No comments:

Post a Comment