Friday, August 21, 2009

Update on the Bread!

So, the recipe came out delicious! I'm very excited because it honestly tastes like normal bread that you could make in a bread maker (well, you can use the bread maker to complete the recipe but I thought oven would go quicker). I only experienced one slight problem, but that could be do to a few factors.

The bread was still a bit doughy in the middle after being cooked for 27 minutes at 375. I didn't go the full 30 because it was pretty brown on the top and sides. This might have happened because my bread pan was slightly different than what the recipe calls for. It asks for a 9" x 5" bread pan, but mine was 9.5" x 4.5" which I thought was comparable, but it might have caused the doughy middle. I'm thinking that when I make the recipe again, because I will be doing so VERY soon *Whole Foods trip planned for Sunday!!*, I may use two loaf pans to make it. Or at least, not put all the dough in my bread pan since the dimensions are off. When I put the dough in, it was only about half an inch off from the top of the pan, so when it rose in the oven it was actually about three inches higher than the top of my bread pan. I'm thinking that if I add it to be about slightly over half-full, it may rise a little bit less compared with the actual pan, and it may cook fully because it won't be so tall.

Since the bread was doughy in the center, the bread was also pretty heavy, but I'm sure once the middle is properly cooked it won't weigh nearly as much. Also, I am toasting each piece I cut in order to get rid of some of the doughy center. It's delicious with and without butter, and I'm sure the next time I bake it, I'll probably just eat pieces as they are.

Until next time,
Gluten, Not Glutton

1 comment:

  1. How did it go? Were you able to get rid of the doughy center?

    ReplyDelete